View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 08:42 AM   #43
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Program freezing is a problem of the program and not the operating system. If you get regular bluescreens either the hardware is defective or you have subprime driver installed. Both is a reason to get deeper into it. I'm not a fan of Windows Vista but it was made primarily because the Win XP 32 Bit didn't support RAM over 4 GByte (and for the 64 Bit version wasn't enough drivers around).

Anyway, I mostly use Linux now (but Windows 7 here and there) and if something isn't working I can fix it myself.

I have nothing against reasonable Mac users (everybody has the right to make mistakes in their life ;=) ) but the instability of Windows is a mythos which was true in Windows 9x times but now it's very stable.

I'm allergic to this superb religious attitude of some Mac users where Windows is still absolutely unstable and a Mac never crashes ...
I zctually also think a lot of the windows breaks mythology is due to the amt of them in workplaces! I could look around for 5 minutes now and find you easily 3 windows computers with blue screens!

However the majoriuty will be due to a hardware failure and tehre is the fact that there are a couple of hundred of them near me.

but the average user here will see windows machines with blue screens and may never see a mac with an issue. so that seems to keep the belief going.

However i personally believe but have no evidence apart from my own anecdotal that a PC will on average crash break more often than a mac.