View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 10:44 PM   #1
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
PB 623 - New user questions

I've been scanning these forums for help as I learn to use this new reader, but there aren't a lot of ones specific to the 623. I'm hoping some of our regulars can help:
  1. I've seen a number of references to fbReader as being standard on Pocketbook. I can't find anything in mine that lets me switch. Is there a hidden way to switch, or does anyone know if it's not included on this one?
  2. The user guide says any TTF copied into the system fonts folder can be used by the reader, but it doesn't show in my list of font opens when I try to switch fonts. Are you aware of any tricks or tips for this? ETA: I figured this one out!
  3. The user guide says Dropbox should show up under my Accounts and Synchronization menu...no luck. Does anyone know if this was taken out of their firmware or is there another setting that needs to be turned on before I see the Dropbox option? ETA: Figured this out, too.

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but these are the ones I've pretty much given up on finding myself.

Thanks!

ETA: I checked again - the first thing I did when I got the 623 was to head to the website for the last firmware update...but apparently while I downloaded it, I didn't install it. Installing it answered question #2.

Last edited by FizzyWater; 10-27-2013 at 03:12 AM.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote