View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #75
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I was able to spilt it with no problems. I would delete it and redownload it. Sounds like your copy may have corrupted.
I'll try that. I'll delete the ones out of calibre and just port new version in. What happened was that the file is azw. I actually am using instructions you posted a long while back and wrote them down. So I use kindle unpack since its a azw3. Then I open it with the epubsplit plug in and that is when things go wrong. I keep getting error messages and when it does work, all I see in the window of the epub split is a line for each book. I have used that tool in the past and usually I have to highlight from beginning of book to end and then it culls that out somehow. All I get here is a field/line with the titles of the book. 10 of them. So when trying to just highlight that one and split, it acts like its doing it but when I try to open it it tells me there is no ebook file there.

So confused. Its really hard to read that book as the font goes from regular to large to regular to large over and over throughout. But I did already convert the whole big file and turned it into a mobi and the font is still messed up. I even tried with my limited skills of calibre to embed a different font in the whole big file to see if that fixed it. I picked Palatino and it did show up in the publisher font, but it still had the same issue with parts of the text being in larger font than others randomly. Like paragraphs full. So I guess this is above my skill and its some embedded formatting thing in that boxed set and I have no way of fixing that.
Since it was still messed up after converting the whole file to mobi, I just don't see how splitting that one book out and converting is going to fix it either.

I wanted to read "The Laird" that is in that boxed set. Not buying any anymore boxed sets that is for sure. Too much trouble for me to figure this all out and its really stressing me out. My calibre skills don't go beyond dropping the books in with the alf stuff in there, adding covers and such and making columns and virtual shelfs. And converting to mobi. Anything else I don't touch or can figure out anyway.

eta: as I am trying to put a new version in calibre I looked at it in kindle 4 PC and the font is the same messed up there. So its the original file that has some formatting in there and I can't get it out.

Last edited by Atunah; 10-04-2013 at 01:00 PM.