View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 04:57 AM   #17
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
Hm. Karin Slaughter worries about elitism? Why? Because she's afraid people won't read her books any more? This really sounds like table talk that should never have been put in writing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter
above-average intelligence (though to be sure we all possess both)

Anyway, after reading that 'article' I've seen enough trite statements to last me through the week. As said above: If I have to choose between buying a TV that costs 500$ and an ereader that costs the same, the choice really isn't that hard. It all comes down to choice.

OTOH, it seems entirely likely that, if she were to switch to ebooks only, she would sell far fewer books. Whether that's a bad thing, I don't dare say, but it seems prudent of her to worry about it. (Although it would mean that her "worried stance" is rather more self-interested than she would like us to believe.)

Last edited by zerospinboson; 02-25-2010 at 05:08 AM.
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote