View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 07:45 PM   #16
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Keep an eye on CES 2010 in Las Vegas -- it's barely four weeks away -- as it will have a whole section devoted to e-book readers. A Kindle 3 might be shopped around there ... but I'd expect a new model to leverage the current strengths and add some improvements.

The keyboard is awkward at best -- good enough for a wikipedia search term. Still ....

It would be nice to add ONE font -- so users can have a choice serif or san serif; do we book readers really need more than that?

Certainly fix the lack of folders thing (but do that for Kindle 2 as well!).

Additional storage via a simple SDHC card up to at least 16 GB would be a plus.

Continued improvement in the "read to me" function with perhaps a couple of other "voices.

It might be nice to have wifi as backup to wireless but I'm not sure I want to pay extra for it. Still, if that would allow "free" syncing of the PC edition internationally or even transferring of documents via free wifi that would simplify USB transfers.

Or what about access to a wifi "cloud" drive like Windows Live SkyDrive?

One or two add-on apps like alternate personalised screensaver -- in fact anything which personalises the unit.

And up the ante a little for International Edition users in Canada -- like add photos to wireless delivery of magazines etc. It feels a little like a penalty box right now.

And maybe an option for Internet delivery to Amazon Kindle PC as an alternative to wireless to save the $2 surcharge on everything.

Whatever is added don't break all the good stuff. I really like it just as it is.

Last edited by SensualPoet; 12-08-2009 at 07:49 PM.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote