View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 11:55 AM   #95
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Quote:
Originally Posted by willwac View Post
Math on your Kindle:
From the homescreen, you can do various math operations. Note: Kindle does experience floating decimal errors sometimes.
Press the Keyboard button top open up the search box and type an equation like so:
Code:
1+1
And press Enter. This will display:
Code:
1+1=2
as the first search result, as well the other search results under it.
More complex equations are available as well:
Code:
(5+4+3+5)/4=4.25
Code:
3^7=2187
I don't have a floating point decimal error example on hand wight now.
Doing things like:
Code:
7>6=76
Code:
23|60=2360
so it's not the best, but it works for a quick calculator!
THIS MEANS DON'T BUY A CALCULATOR APPLICATION FOR YOUR KINDLE!
Well that is really cool! I already bought one but its fine that I did cuz it has the trig and calculus functions that I need (and costed 99¢) but this would be easier to use I'm sure.
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote