View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 12:57 PM   #30
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Social networking: I could care less, and never link any social networking accounts to my kindle account.
It could be that teenage readers need this feature, or less avid readers, or readers of specific genres....so you could create polls (integrate yes/no and age/number of books read in 2012/genre/whatever else you can think of, into the questions, like: "I am 20-25 yrs old and I need SN features".

Also, it wasn't clear to me what the opening post was getting at. Like danskmacabre, I, too, thought you were asking about an imaginary perfect ebook store.

I'd venture to say that most kindle users are happy with their store (apart from the obvious: DRM and georestrictions), so knowing what it is they like about Amazon may help you.

I have one more that I forgot: the ability to return a book within 7 days. Though seldomly used, it gives me piece of mind.

I'm with you on the social networking - I'm not on Facebook nor any other such site, and have no desire to share what I'm reading with anyone else. I wouldn't care if a bookstore had it, as long as it didn't require, say, extra clicks every time for me to avoid it.

Seven days may be too long a return period - somebody could easily read the book in that time and claim they bought the wrong one, and return it, getting a free read.

It would be good if there was some kind of limited return period, though, in case someone did actually buy the wrong book by mistake, or open the book and find it has a lot of errors.

If the store sells books in multiple formats, it would be good to be able to filter by the type of book the buyer wants.

Something I would like, but probably is regulated by the publisher rather than the bookstore, would be to have bundles or a multi-book discount for books in a series.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote