View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #15
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Gee this has been an interesting discussion.

I made the mistake of thinking that ereaders were de rigeur so to speak in the first world countries (at least) and it wouldn't have dawned on me that two of the most technologically advanced nations, in terms of electronics makers, wouldn't buy ereaders like some other countries do. (Japan and Korea)
When I first moved to Japan 25 years ago, I expected to see computers hanging around people's necks! (At this time most American universities were only requiring new Business and Engineering students to bring their own computers.) But I went into the post office and the clerk used an abacus to total up my bill. The Admin Offic of the university I was teaching in was NOT computerized. When I wanted a student's address, they first pulled out a huge ledger book and looked up his name. That gave them a number... They then pulled out another huge ledger book, looked up the number and found the address... In the school library there were TWO computers for student use. All of my students used e-mail, but only on the mobile phones. Not ONE owned their own computer!
Of course, things are VERY different today.
But still, virtually no e-readers in use. Cell phones, tablets, mini-tablets everywhere, but no e-readers except in the stores.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote