View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 07:12 PM   #25
oj829
Groupie
oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc(32GB), Kobo Arc 7HD, Kobo Glo HD,NookHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
I still don't agree that, just because it is locked down to the vendor, that the vendor cannot manage to do reflow.
That's not what I said at all. When you're locked down to one vendor/supplier, you take what they hand you (even if it's modded firmware). If, over time, their product doesn't keep up with changes, then where are you? You have to change and make new choices anyway.

Modded firmware, which you've cited, is about choice, which is pretty much all I've been saying about PDF reading - it has to be about choice and flexibility.

Rooting my $129 tiny e-ink reader to accommodate PDF flow? No, thanks. Maybe for other purposes, but not that. I'd rather get the right tool for the job in the first place if I had to deal with PDFs.
oj829 is offline   Reply With Quote