View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #17
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by oj829 View Post
Religious issues aside about text-flow being heresy, it's not something I've ever seen promised in Kobo literature, but it is a feature I've seen mentioned by makers of various PDF-reading apps made for LCD tablets.

I think the general agreement is that an e-ink device from ANYBODY is probably not a great choice if a big chunk of your reading workload is going to be PDFs on portable devices: the screen refreshing, the lag in zooming, the possibility that an essential graphic might not render well in greyscale... People generally agree that if these things are going to be a problem, you should probably be looking at LCD-based devices. And even, then, some people fervently believe that even the best 7" or 9" color screen in the world presents a nuisance on PDFs.

The thing everyone seems to miss is that re-flow is a necessity with small ereaders because you are seldom using a device that is the same size as the target publication size of the PDF. All the while your screen is bigger than the PDF page, the PDF fixed page concept works, but for anyone to sell a device where the screen is smaller than nearly every PDF page size, they really NEED to include a reflow feature.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote