View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 11:11 PM   #1
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Kobo credit card charges are international

In winding up my little escapade with the secret implementation of Quick Buy, I checked my credit card account.

It turns out that my purchases from Kobo.com are considered international credit card charges.

I'm in Australia, and have an Australian address on my account. The book I accidentally purchased was purchased through the Collins Booksellers website, which automatically forwarded me to the Kobo site to complete the purchase.

I was charged the Australian GST for the transaction.

At no time was I informed that the credit card charging was being sourced out of Australia. The charge itself was done in Australian dollars, so at least I'm not also having to pay an FX conversion fee.

This is just a head-up that purchasing a book from Kobo outside of Canada may lead to additional costs that should be factored in to the purchase decision. It is possible that they may charge in other countries locally, I wouldn't be surprised if Europe and the US were charged locally.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote