View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #9
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Note that save to disk and Add Books will work only if you leave the default save to disk options and then use add books from subfolders one book per folder when adding books. That will allow the OPF file generated bya default save to disk to be used.
Just to be sure, I went into Preferences>Saving books to disk and clicked on "Restore defaults" and there was no difference. The custom long text field carried over, but none of the "text, column shown in tag browser" data shows up. And I was adding from a subfolder with just one book in it.

Quote:
Which is why I said, in the first post, that if you want to backup a library, simply copy its folder, its a lot easier and more bulletproff than save to disk.
Well, I actully do have a mirror copy of my entire library on sugar sync. But I also like to keep another backup copy after I finish processing a book. Maybe that is unnecessary, but I don't like to rely solely on the cloud for backups. I've had really bad luck losing data with dropbox. So instead of having to backup the entire library every time I process a book, I just like to add it incrementally to a manual backup on an external hard drive.

What I don't get is why there is no issue if I copy a book from within one library to another, and why the long text custom metadata field will show up but not the shorter text field??
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote