View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 01:55 PM   #33
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by solodoc View Post
Seriously guys......

coming back to the cybook.....my cybook was froze on the boot screen that says Cybook gen 3 and resetting it ,removing the battery even after removing the sd card...it's still frozen...
Even with battery dead it's frozen...

I've emailed Bookeen several times and have not had any response $375 for a flat piece of plastic that works for a week is not my impression of a functioning company.....

Looking ....all the problems have been around since the first sample units...

1.either they should have been ironed out before being sold

2.or they shouldn't have shipped

3.or have a viable readily available workaround like having the firmware downloadable to flash it ...so we can do it ourselves

Whatever ...it's a nice machine but think before you buy
Solodoc,

First, NAEB is *NOT* in control of Bookeen's quality control. We're a completely separate entity...

Second, the $375 price??? Hmmm... Did you buy the Basic? If so, maybe you might want to get an RMA number and send it back...

Third, our problems getting our storefront up and running are not, as you say, necessarily germaine to any problems current Bookeen customers are having. I wish that we at NAEB were set up, already, to do repairs and testing, but we're not yet ready for that or I'd make the offer. Sorry.

Fourth, have you tried plugging the Cybook into your PC and deleting all files you've added? This may well solve the problem if you've attempted to add your own font files or if you've attempted to load in extra-large pictures and the like.

And maybe I, personally, can send you a copy of the 'remove-and-replace' 0.98 firmware update along with the 0.99 and 1.0 firmware update so you can remove the 'offending' firmware and re-install... Please send me an email address capable of accepting 9MB zip files, by private message, and I'll forward them on to you. You'll need a blank SD card with which to install it.

Derek
Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote