View Single Post
Old 12-21-2007, 10:37 AM   #31
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdb View Post
The home page still says "Store Status: NOT OPEN"

And despite the home page saying
"United States Postal Service (USPS): Up ",
the Delivery Information page / Shipping Method page still says
"An error occured [sic] with the USPS shipping calculations.
If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the
store owner."

How can you pay by CC if the store can't tell you the total price ?

So close yet still so far ?
What is the rule of thumb about how long it takes to try and fix the 'last' few bugs (grin).

How about NAEB consider offering an option where you charge our credit cards the $375 for the readers now, (so you can get the process underway), and then you have a month or so to sort out the shipping price bugs and to collect the rest of the payment from customers.
(I gather that it will be a month or so before NAEB is in a position to ship the readers that are about to be purchased from your store - the delay until you get the 1000 units from Bookeen.)

Martin.
Now *that* is an option... I'll pass your suggestion along. And it's good to have such feedback because, as in my test run, where I went with the default USPS setting for a shipment to California, everything went flawless. Of course, I'm not the one who's making sure everything is tied together in the background, so I don't know if that's happenstance or just that my address was chosen for the initial testing setup.

And you should have had the total price. My attempt gave me the total price with applicable sales tax.

As far as 'Store not open'... We're not taking that down until I get the email notifications out to those who've pre-signed-up. That should happen by noon, California time, today.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote