Thread: Kindle Privacy
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 10:22 AM   #8
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by readingaloud View Post
I....I do read mostly from eBooks, these days, and I'm not terribly concerned about the privacy aspects. But that's because most of the books I read I buy in paper, cut away the bindings, and scan the book for use on my iLiad....
Dude, I'm all for supporting your right to wanting privacy. I'm not a fan of "the man" myself, but wow, you go to a LOT of trouble to be private. I guess I don't really care if people know what I read.

But I hear what you are saying. I just view it as a cost of convenience. Sorta like long lines at an airport--just the cost of doing business in the modern world. I can fight it, but sometimes it's easier to just pick my battles and privacy isn't one of them.

Now refusing to use the gas station down at the corner because everytime I would buy a soda there, it's lukewarm--now that's a fight worth fighting!
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote