View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 08:56 AM   #21606
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I just read another hundred pages and I'm quite willing to believe that this wasn't even written by Patterson! I've followed several of his series in the past, but this seems to be written by a college freshman for an assignment in a creative writing class. It certainly couldn't have been edited by a professional either! The plot is good, but the execution is remarkably bad.

Stitchawl
I've given up reading Patterson completely. His more recent output is definitely suffering from "more quantity, less quality" syndrome. I have actually started to get really annoyed with him and the dross he is putting out there. I can't even read any more of the Alex Cross series, which I used to enjoy, but which is also suffering from a surfeit of output.

Have recently finished Mr Mercedes by Stephen King, which is a straightforward crime novel (no funny goings on in the attic whatsoever), and which was pretty good. It is sub-titled Bill Hodges Trilogy #1, so I guess there will be a coupe more in the series, but this can be read as a standalone, as the resolution is complete.

Now starting on Charlie Higson's sixth book in his Enemy YA series, The Hunted, about zombies in London .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote