View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 03:53 AM   #8
Teddman
Addict
Teddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I pretty much have lost hope with this announcement. Of course there will be many of us on the outside looking in, but I think Apple are about to write the story of all future entertainment and it's not open or shared or available to all. It's the same old, same old. As it was, so shall it be.
Not at all. If this is really their scheme, I think e-book sales will disappoint on the device. At least, fiction/nonfiction, textbooks may do well.

First of all, what of the Kindle app for iPhone? Books will be cheaper via Amazon and presumably the iPhone app will also work on the tablet, and if it doesn't it's a pretty transparent cash grab by Apple--which will not be greeted well by e-reader enthusiasts who've bought Kindle books.

People are not going to buy a device more expensive than Kindle that doesn't have a free data plan so they can buy more expensive books. Color and extras only go so far when you're charging as much as sales prices for first-run hardcovers.

Last edited by Teddman; 01-27-2010 at 03:56 AM.
Teddman is offline   Reply With Quote