View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 11:51 PM   #7
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The PDF fact sheet says:

So it looks like Android and Windows-based mobile devices are coming soon. Any idea what "select Motorola smartphones" means?
At a guess, new devices based on Android. Moto is prepping about 8 of them for the Chinese market,l among other things

Quote:
Note that B&N only provides Desktop, iDevice and Blackberry Readers currently. It does not support all the eReader devices, and it looks like many "legacy" phones and PDAs will be dropped (perhaps still supported by eReader, but not by the B&N ebook store).
Good question, and not addressed at this announcement. They did announce plans to support Windows Mobile. I don't expect to see support for legacy Palm OS, though Palm's WebOS might be forthcoming if the Pre shows decent market penetration.

I see Barnes and Noble as wanting to sell ebooks, and not being married to one platform. The Nook has the potential advantage of eInk, simplicity, anc convenience. Buy and read your ebooks wuith the touch iof a screen, pretty much regardless of where you are. But if you would rather use your PC, iPhone, or Blackberry, hey - they'll happily take your money.

I see it as similar to Amazon releasing an iPhone app. Despite possible competition with the Kindle, the iPhone is a very popular platform, and it your main desire is to sell ebooks, it makes sense to support it.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote