View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 12:47 PM   #15
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilker View Post
If this is addressed elsewhere, my apologies, but is there anything like this for Mac users? I've been noticing a kinda profound lack of Mac apps for ebook creation/conversion.

I'm playing with Calibre, but curious if there's others out there.

The tool looks great Nick!
AFAIK, the GUI, Installer and included .exe's are Windows specific (my setup), but the gutebook.pl Perl script (the work-horse routine) was written to work under Perl 5.8.8 (buiild 820).

I know that calibre and eBook Publisher work in Mac OS X, however the gutebook.pl script relies on the Windows SBPubX COM interface for .imp creation (my ebook reader's format), so it may also require the Windows eBook Publisher to be installed under wine. I've done this previously for my Mobi2IMP software for my Linux netbook using the same NSIS Installer.

I'm sorry but I don't have access to any Mac to test this stuff on and/or debug it. Perhaps, someone else can help make this work under Mac OS X. I think it's doable!

Can you at least execute the Perl script?
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote