View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 11:11 PM   #11
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
Better isn't subjective when it comes to science learning. At least at the university level, it can be objectively measured by testing. There was zero evidence in the video that what it showed increases learning, probably because it does not.
I think you are the one who has narrowed this down to "Science Learning". The point is making reading better - not learning. The link was a simple demonstration of available technology....not an argument that all science classes must use that particular program.

However, since you did bring it up, having access to a wide range of learning styles (kinesthetic, tactual, auditory, and visual) all in one device/book would seem to make it easier for a broader range of people to learn than from a single media like a printed book.
I would be very surprised and confused if a person reading a paper text would be able to touch a word and bring up Facebook so I'm not sure why that comparison would be included....that seems more of a focus/task concentration issue rather than a medium for learning issue.

Back to the topic...
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote