View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 08:25 AM   #13
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoran View Post
I'm not sure if it takes just one file for all data. If
yes, you're fine. If developers envisioned another
tweaking, would be fine to know what and where
they are. Sqlite versions I had business with before
used simple customization. Have no hands on device
now, so cannot check that out on the reader.
I have read some where that the Unit can be reflashed using an Sd card with the firmware on it. You maybe able to ask Kobo for a copy that you can download to the sd card. I had a problem with a gps where the unit would power on but hang up, i found the firmware on the net and fixed it. Being that the software that drives the ereaders and other devices tends to be embeded or hardwired into the chips the Sd card method may be feasable for most problems that are due to corruot firmware updates etc. That said its only an educated guess but I cam confident that this method would work 100 percent of the time.

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote