View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 09:35 AM   #1
goaspy
Connoisseur
goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.goaspy can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kindle 3
Lightbulb Small Tool to change book order (PRS-x50)

I've made a small tool to change the modified date on books on my PRS-650, so that I can choose the three books that are displayed on the home screen.

It helped me, so maybe it will help others, and it works on all x50 models and the 900.

Quote:
With OrderBooks you can set your favourites on the Home Screen.

Screenshot - Mac version

Screenshot - Windows version

Current version:
- Mac 0.3.0 added 15-Jan-2010
- Windows 0.3.1 added 16-Jan-2010

User Guide:

1. Connect reader.
2. Start the application.

3. Update Books Path:
- in Windows version: set the Reader/Card drive letter. (first time only)
- in Mac version: set the Reader/Card volume name. (default is READER/CARD)

4. Press 'Fetch Books'.

5. In the 'Position' column write numbers starting from 1. I usually stop at 3, it's enough for Home screen.

6. Press 'Change Order'.
7. Disconnect reader (safe remove from windows/calibre/reader library)

Obs:

1. books can be displayed from Card, Reader, Reader + Card;

2. If the 'Future Dates' option is used, the date for the selected book will be set 2 years into the future. This way the book/books will remain on Home Screen even if you add new books to the reader.
Reseting future books is easy, just set a new position for the target book and 'Change Order' with 'Future Dates' deselected.

3. The Windows version works on Linux using Mono runtime and libraries.

Known issues:

If you use the 'author sort' feature from Calibre to change the author's name on the reader, from (fn ln) to (ln, fn), after you use OrderBooks to change the date of a book, the author resets to (fn ln).
The workaround for this problem is to trigger a metadata refresh in Calibre after using OrderBooks.

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip OrderBooks for Mac v0.3.zip (46.4 KB, 910 views)
File Type: zip OrderBooks for Windows v0.3.1.zip (15.7 KB, 1314 views)
File Type: zip OrderBooks for Windows v0.4 BETA.zip (265.3 KB, 1167 views)

Last edited by goaspy; 02-13-2011 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Released Beta Version
goaspy is offline   Reply With Quote