View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #11538
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Thunder snow is cool. I've seen it twice, and one of those times it was really intense. I was driving and the flashes were coming so close together it was almost like a giant strobe light in the sky.
I've read that explorers in the polar regions have experienced intense electrical activity within snow storms. Something to do with the concentration of charged particles in the atmosphere, magnetic forces, and snow particles.

We're waiting here for the winter storm to arrive. Prediction models have now converged: Snow flurries beginning around noon, changing over to sleet/freezing rain around 4 pm, then over to rain/freezing rain at 6 pm. I think I'll be leaving work early today. We're right on the line between the snow/sleet belt and the sleet/freezing rain belt.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote