Thread: PRS-600 PRS-600 tips and tricks
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2010, 06:19 PM   #1
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
PRS-600 tips and tricks

I looked and haven't seen a thread like this dedicated to just the PRS-600. So I thought maybe everyone could put all the PRS-600 tips and tricks in one place. Since yesterday, here is what I have learned so far:
  • You can bookmark a page by double tapping the top right corner
  • You can jump to a page by tapping the page number at the bottom center
  • The "sort by date" toggles between ascending and descending dates each time you use it
  • Double-tapping a word brings up a small dictionary definition window at the bottom, but then tapping on the dictionary icon brings up the full dictionary page and you can then page back and forth within the dictionary
  • To change the page-turning swipe direction, touch "More" from the home page, then "Settings", then "Page Turn Gesture"
  • The unit will only charge if it does a USB handshake with a PC (no USB wall chargers).You can get a cheap conversion lead from USB to PSP charger plug and use that instead.
  • Sliding the power button over quickly puts the reader in sleep mode. Sliding it over for 10 seconds will power the unit down (better if you will not be using it for an extended period of time)

What other tips and tricks do you have?

Last edited by maxbookworm; 06-02-2010 at 10:05 PM.
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote