View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 03:12 PM   #14657
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
"Service of all the Dead" by Colin Dexter.

The 4th book in the "Inspector Morse" series. We're still in "pre-TV Morse" days here, and the book Morse will be surprisingly different to those who are only familiar with the TV series.

This book has Morse investigating a puzzling series of murders associated with the church of St. Frideswide in Oxford. The usual complex web of theories and counter-theories follow, which are the joy of all the Morse novels, before the solution is finally revealed. Perhaps not quite as surprising as some of the others, but still a truly excellent book which I thoroughly recommend.
Different, and yet compellingly the same in many ways. I find Colin Dexter's Morse more obvious in some ways, and yet more complex. But John Thaw's version is still very recognizable. And I am enjoying my pass through these early Morse books.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote