View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_Sonoma View Post
For series books, I often prepend the title with the series name, e.g., "Dark Tower 01 - The Drawing of the Three" or "Dune 02 - Dune Messiah". When I execute a search to download cover art and meta data for books with this naming convention, I get an error

But is there a way that I can manually make the metadata search terms less specific, as recommended in the error message?
The best way is to not clutter your Title field with Series field data. Do as PeterT suggests and create a metadata plugboard to insert the Series data into the title field on the fly during transfer to your device.

I setup mine to place the series data in the author field (see attached.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-8-8.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	90475  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote