View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #11
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The easiest way to do it is to do an "ePub to ePub" conversion in Calibre and, in the conversion options dialogue, go to the "Look and Feel" page and check the "Remove spacing between paragraphs" box.

This won't work in 100% of cases, but it does work for the vast majority of books.
I apply the OriginalFormat to ePub conversion using Look&Feel "Remove spacing between paragraphs" to all newly added books (except image or complex PDFs) to standardize the line and indent spacing across my libraries.

The "Remove spacing between paragraphs" doesn't work when the source uses Line Feed rather than Paragraph markers. I find it easiest to fix these by converting to RTF, search/replace Line Feeds to Paragraphs in Open Office or Word, save as ODT or RTF, then add that back to calibre and convert to ePub using the "Remove spacing between paragraphs" box.

Here's a question related to avoiding all that work on the LF exceptions: Is there an easy way to replace the HTML tags for LF (whatever they are) with the HTML tags for Paragraph (whatever they are), using search/replace regular expressions during the first conversion?

Last edited by unboggling; 05-06-2012 at 09:07 PM.
unboggling is offline   Reply With Quote