View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 11:47 AM   #9
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
I'm sorry to have to say this, but it seems as though the newer backups are not going to work(in fact they seem to work less well). I hate to say it but I can't really promise that I can get market working anytime in the near future(or possibly even at all). I'll put back up the older backups so that you can at least use gmail, calender, etc. but unfortunately talk and market will not work for the foreseeable future.

I'm still going to keep trying(though I really can't spend as much time as I have been on this, sadly), but at this point anything I try short of writing a custom ROM will just be a shot in the dark. I'm currently in talks with a few developers who have managed to get market working on other devices, though it seems to require a custom ROM. I might try making one in the near future, but I've never really made an android one before, and given some of the quirks of the eDGe I'm not even sure its possible(at least not without losing reader capabilities ).

If anyone else wants to try and get market working themselves I'll try and help in any way I can.

Thanks to every member of the community for their support over the last few days, again I'm sorry to disappoint.

On the bright side, the newer official forum backup seems to be grabbing a lot more pages than last time(unfortunately this time it is MUCH larger, I'll make it viewable online without needing to download, but this means I'll have to wait for an upgrade of the storage on my server), and should hopefully be done within the next 24 hours.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote