View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 08:43 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Kindle 3 + Calibre + PogoPlug = Works!!!

I could never get the Calibre Sever to work even though =X= spent many PM hours trying to help me.

I decided to go another way. I purchased a PogoPlug which allows me to access my Calibre Library and any to her files I want from anywhere as long as I have an internet connection. I also like that I don't have to leave a computer running at home in order to access my chosen files.

Try as I might, I could not connect to my PogoPlug Drive with my Kindle 2. I'm not sure what the issue is but it didn't work. I did post on the PogoPlugged user site my interested in making the software Kindle friendly but I've seen no movement in that direction.

On a whim, I decided to test it again with the new WebKit browser on my new Kindle 3. It worked!! Now truth be told, it was not fast and smooth. I had to change the page zoom a few times because it was hard to get the cursor where I needed to click if the text was too small. I probably should have tried it in landscape mode but it didn't cross my mind at the time.

It wasn't the prettiest method but I'm very happy that it can be done.
See the pics below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1_PC.gif
Views:	938
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	58018   Click image for larger version

Name:	2_PC.gif
Views:	635
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	58019   Click image for larger version

Name:	3_PC.gif