Thread: Format of books
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 08:28 PM   #16
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by tufrostie View Post
I did the firmware upgrade. So far I have only been able to open the two books I got from smashwords on it. I down loaded a book from booksonboard in epub and it wont open it, I can see it in the folder but it just flashes when I click on it. When I checked the info on the book in the folder it had all the right info, 374 kb EPUB file, but it wont open it, it just flashes then nothing. I will try books from here, I didnt even think about it. I do have fictionwise content already for my eb1150, I will try one of those files when I get home.
Its just a bummer to buy a book in a format you know is supposed to work and it doesnt.
Thank you for your help. Everyone in this forum is great.
I really like this reader, the screen on it is great and the size and the cover are awesome, I just wish I could read what I bought.
How did you transfer it to your device? I am running ADE on linux with WINE, but I was able to drag and drop the books from the library view within ADE onto my pocketbook "shelf." Everything worked fine. You've authorized the pocketbook, correct?
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote