Thread: Font Embedding?
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #12
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Well isn't Calibre doing exactly part of the job? Parsing epubs in python? I notified Kovid about the idea here... Interested what he might have to say.

I was thinking about the problem since here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...6&postcount=15

and tought about how to best present the idea to the python savvy ones on MR, then Luke wrote here that such a thing is already in the making - sparing me a definitely heavy task of composing a teal deer post hoping some coders might find it useful too.
We know what's commonly said about a user with an idea don't we?

Personally I think such a finalizing tool could make epubs compatible to the majority of commercial font licenses.
And THAT would be a hell of a breakthrough in production of commercially usable epubs.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote