View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #4033
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChen View Post
That happens occasionally to me, too. But I think it is somehow caused by the EPUB file, not the firmware. (However, when it happens to me, my reader doesn't freeze, and I can press the HOME button to get to the HOME page and then browse books to choose a new book.)
i can press home, but other books are not selectable, tapping a thumbnail has no effect. "deleting" a left over note from the deleted book causes a "deleting..." hang up.

I searched for known issues/bug reports for PRS+ but cannot find anything that fits what I am experiencing.
Is this firmware still in active maintenance/development ?

I had yet another occurrence of invalid page today after finishing another book.

But I've had this reader & this firmware for ages, I probably read a book a day - & it only began acting up a few weeks ago. I can't see how the epub files can be to blame as they are fine until I want to delete them! every other reader function & feature seems fine.

maybe I have disconnected the reader from PC one time without ejecting it first, or maybe I need to re-install the firmware .
I am reluctant to seek to blame calibre - which I use for all the book loading - though I suppose it possible that calibre or windows are setting properties on files which affect deletions. I see nothing relevant being reported in calibre forum???
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote