View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #1359
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Comics & TV shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
Yes, I've read the comic boo... I mean graphic novels, also. I wish they would hurry up and finish the adaptation of fool moon.

So far the only thing Dresden that I have not enjoyed was the awful television version that came out a few years back. I couldn't make it all the way through one episode.
Hmmmm....and I've never been able to read more than two pages of one of those Dresden Comics! Oh well!

Since I disagree with your sentiment on the TV show, I feel the need to explain further (Nyssa and I along with some other folks have had similar discussions before).

Odds are that you began reading the book series first then viewed and highly disliked the TV series' interpretation of Harry and his friends and exploits. Whereas I watched the entire series before seeking out the book series.

I did this because I missed my weekly sojourns into the Chicago of Harry Dresden. I'd noted right from the first televised episode the opening credits saying that the show was based on The Dresden files books by Jim Butcher.

Of course I liked the book series even more (much much more) than I had the TV show. But to this day I still like the TV show a lot, in fact because of your post I've just re-watched the first 4 episodes and liked them just as much as I always have. In fact I'll probably watch 4 more to-nite, and probably the final 4 on Sunday. Don't feel at fault, your post was just a trigger as I do this every year. Enjoy!

Last edited by alansplace; 12-08-2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: add graphic
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote