View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 07:44 PM   #53
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
Sure thing. Protecting customers from evil hackers and not charging 100$ for extra 16Gb of flash is the actual reason.

I recall there is an adapter that allows you to connect SD card to iSomethings. But note that it is an ADAPTER, obviously it has some sort of hacker protection built in.

Have you heard about "flying dutch SD cards"? They are very hard to spot. Fly real fast. Can track up to 20000 devices with unprotected SD card slot. Need only 0.42 milliseconds to hack devices. Unless it's an Apple device, protected with SD Card protection adapter.

I'm sure someone, somewhere, in the universe thinks you are funny, mate. Keep posting and that person just may come across your efforts.

Meanwhile, here on Earth Prime, the average consumer doesn't give a damn about SD card slots for Ios devices. The iPhone was recently voted #1 in consumer satisfaction and the iPad has been obliterating competing tablets that have both SD card AND USB slots.

RETURNING TO THE TOPIC AT HAND, I can't see why Apple would even WANT to buy Dropbox at this stage. The time to buy Dropbox would be at the time Apple began to build its new cloud service, so that it could be fully integrated in Apple's new system. Another reason why this rumor is probably false.
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote