View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #8
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I did most of my author editing in versions before 7.2 when it was much easier to spot author discrepancies in the tags column authors and just bulk edit.
Most common author errors were commas due to author sort in author field, and spacing in initials (ie C.H. and C. H.)

I think Starson17's method would work for the commas etc. anyway.
Typing
author:"~[,]"
in the search bar will return all author with commas
Won't fix them but makes them easier to bulk edit etc.

Thank you Starson17 for that example

I found custom columns very helpful
I have one yes/no column and once comment column
I checked a screen of books for various factors such as flow and page numbers, formatting etc. and bulk edited them as much as possible to refelect column and then used bulk edit to indicate they were done. SAved me a lot of pain.

I seem to remember someone saying copy to library could use regex's to modify title and authornames but could be wrong.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote