Thread: Sad Sigil news?
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 04:07 AM   #66
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by st_albert View Post
Unfortunately, I can. I started with Algol, in 1966, on a Burroughs B5500. And had to hike to the computer center in several feet of snow, uphill both ways! With boxes of cards!

OK, I'll shut up. Time for my nap, anyway.

ROFLMAO!

Albert the ancient.
Albert:

Can't match that one, and wouldn't, anyway, but I can say that I started out with 80-column punch cards on an IBM 360/70, not long after your Burroughs' days. Ah....the good old days, LOL! Yowza, hearing some names from my past...COBOL, Fortran...man.

I could have sworn I saw another post around here, from...somebody...that I was going to respond to, and now I can't find it. Ah, well. I've certainly put enough of my $.02 in on this thread, anyway, as there's nothing happy happening here. As someone said (the post I was seeking--was it mrmikel?), this is a mare's nest.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote