View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 11:58 AM   #1
Bierkonig
Bierkonig began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
massive slowdowns with heavy annotation

Hello,

So I've had my prs-700 for about 3 weeks and have been working it hard with 1400 page epubs created by calibre (each weighing in around 1.4 MB). I've been highlighting and annotating heavily and when I get past 80 or 90 annotations everything suddenly gets very slow -- all at once, with no drop off in page turn speed for bookmark #75 but then a quick drop off. And then when I hit 90 or so the reader limps along and whenever I reboot (after transferring/syncing material, whether on internal memory or SD) it freezes in startup (no resolution after 3 or 4 hours of patiently waiting for it to reformat, etc). So, I end up having to reboot and erase content, and retransfer from the ebook library and it just is a vicious circle.

The annotation files aren't corrupting -- or at least, I can continue to open the ebooks and edit/add to the annotations using the ebook library software.

I'm wondering if anyone else is using the annotation features as heavily as I am and have any pointers, beyond the obvious: split my books into multiple volumes before creating the epubs in calibre.
Bierkonig is offline   Reply With Quote