Thread: Dictionary
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 10:16 PM   #4
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Do you use the CF card slot to store your books? I found that once I decided and configured the Iliad to use the CF card, I began having difficulty with the dictionary I have. I'd put it in the right spot, but if I opened it directly, it was moving it to a subdirectory in its name (as it did to all other mobipocket format books I opened). This movement meant that it was no longer in that bottom level of the directory, and so couldn't be found. I moved it back, and have since only ever opened it by looking up a word from another book (which didn't move the dictionary).

Also, what is the "Language" setting of your dictionaries and the text you are reading to do the lookup from? (I can't recall if you can see this on the Iliad, but you can in Mobipocket Reader on your PC).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote