View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #220
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnevi View Post
Then I hate the comparision between reading, playing games or watching film or television shows.
There are really bad books, written just for entertainment and there are movies that has changed my life forever.

For example, I don't like Jean Genets Querelle, but i loved Fassbinders filmed version of it. I hate the Sooky Stackhouse books, but the television show True Blood could be something of the best ever made for TV. Skyrim was a bigger culture experience for me than any other theaterplay I saw last year.
In my observation, and with a few notable exceptions, it isn't the best books that make good or movies. Good, but not great books, can do pretty well.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote