View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 05:08 PM   #3
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Thanks for that info! Alas, I can't read the Russian. (But I can hopefully solicit help at home, discreetly.) So, does adding Russian support involve flashing the Reader (500)? I saw one thread title which says it provides a single hack for Russian support, joystick page turn, clock display, etc. What has to be done to the Connect software? (I'm running WinXP Pro at home.) After the support is added, both English and Russian books can be stored and read just fine?

By the way, that first book link you gave has a popup with a really hot babe! Are those books free/public domain?

The second site appears to have direct links to pdf files on the front page. Are those pre-converted Russian books?

Another Q: Would it be better to convert the fb2 files to lrf format (instead of using the optimized pdf files w/o installed Russian support), which would allow resizing of fonts, etc.?

Thanks again.

[UPDATE: I did manage to dl a Russian fb2 book from the first site, and convert it to pdf on the 2nd site. It does work fine. Alas, I have no idea what kind of book I converted. )

Last edited by DrMoze; 11-29-2007 at 05:20 PM.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote