View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 06:30 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy jh View Post
I'd like to connect my ASUS TF700T tablet with calibre on my computer through Calibre Companion but up to now I didn't succeed. Calibre is consequently connecting to the IP adress of my computer and not the ip of my tablet. The tablet in turn can't find calibre. Tried all the things mentioned in the thread on the forum but no results. Attach a debugging report generated with the tablet connected through usb cable. Someone any clues? Really would like calibre companion to work with it.

Thanks!
99% of the time these kinds of problems are caused by the antivirus or "network security suite" running on the computer that runs calibre. In very rare cases the problem has been caused by "security features" of the wireless router that prevent connections from wireless to wired on the same network.

Some questions:

- What do you mean "Calibre is consequently connecting to the IP adress of my computer and not the ip of my tablet"? Calibre doesn't connect to anything, instead it is CC that connects to calibre. If you mean the IP address displayed by calibre in the Connect/Share menu, then that is supposed to display the IP address of the computer running calibre.

- I assume that you are using CC's "connect as wireless device" and that no device is connected to calibre via cable. CC cannot connect to calibre if calibre is already working with some other device.

- What IP address is displayed in calibre's connect/share menu? From that debug log I expect it to be 192.168.178.52 port 9090.

- What, if anything, have you put into CC's wireless device IP setup dialog?

- What is the IP address of the device? It is shown in CC's wireless device IP setup dialog, amongst other places.

- What operating system are you using on the computer running calibre?

- Are you running any anti-virus or "security software"? Which?

- Have you verified that the firewall on the computer running calibre allows incoming connections to calibre? You will need to check with every piece of "security software" you are running, because any one of them could be deciding that calibre is evil.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote