View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 08:29 AM   #54
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I remember the Scholastic book sale flyers. My parents always gave me money to buy books through those and I always picked up a few titles. I also remember being excited about the read-a-thons to raise money we had in elementary school.

There was no special teacher for me. I don't remember my parents reading to me as a kid. I had a friend who said their dad read them the entire Lord of the Rings as a bedtime story when she was growing up. I was so jealous.

My mom reads a lot so that is probably where I picked up the habit and we share titles now. Usually a one-way street as I don't do pseudo-biogarphy and historical ficiton so much. . My parents always gave me money to buy books through those. In high school I had a lot of friends who read and we'd share titles and some books. Robert Lynn Asprin was big back then.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote