View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 03:04 PM   #65
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
I'd say "not necessarily." TV and movies can be more impactful in how they engage your visual and auditory senses with your mind; some of the most memorable and influential moments of people's lives have come from movies. Some personal examples:
  • Lawrence riding out of the desert in "Lawrence of Arabia"
  • "Soylent Green is people!"
  • The trip to the Moon in "2001"
  • The last scene of the original "Planet of the Apes"
  • The last scene of "Silent Running"
  • The opening scene of "Contact"
  • The uncomfortable shock of the in-home attack/rape scene from "Clockwork Orange"
  • The vista of "Blade Runner"
  • "Dr. Grant... my dear Dr. Sattler... welcome to Jurassic Park."

I think the only book that's ever influenced me more than these examples would be The Martian Chronicles.
I find that surprising. How come you are not writing movies, then? Maybe you would enjoy it more.
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote