View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 06:02 PM   #8
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shykat View Post
I come from the Android world (4-5 years of use) and had used Aldiko on my Android phone and Transformer. Many of the features I have been requesting are in that program.
I'm fairly sure than Aldiko was originally modelled on Stanza in any case, in terms of features. Of course as time wore on, Aldiko got better (and costed $$) and Stanza pretty much stagnated.

On Android, the first thing I did was download Aldiko. Didnt like it in its free version at all. Tried fbReader, Moon Plus Reader, cool reader and a few others. I settled on buying Moon+ Reader Pro in the end, and after all that, tended to use fbReader anyway. I believe mantano is the go-to for Android reading these days.. I tried a free version but wasnt that fussed on it.

I'd kill for a Stanza clone that had all its old features and then some. There was a facebook group and a couple of the guys were planning to code a new reader which would emulate Stanza in many ways (I think they were doing that) but I left the group and have no idea how thats progressing.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote