View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #14
Starharp
Starharp began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyluree View Post
You need to open the command prompt in the same folder that adb.exe resides.

For example on my PC it would be C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools

I have this capability by right-clicking on that folder by adding "Open Command Window Here" to that context window ....

If you are using Vista you should be able to do it by holding down the Shift key when you right-click on a folder, you should then see the "Open Command Window Here" menu item. Or just "cd" to that folder.

FWIW: when sideloading apk files I usually just move that file to my nook sd download folder using windows explorer and then use Astro File Manager on my nook to install it. Much easier. Just select that file and follow prompt to install. Make sure you have "allow Non-Market Apps" checked in NookColor Tools first!
AH HA! So I have to have ADB something installed on my PC too?! I just found something that said to download the adb wireless app and voila, so that's what I did. Where do I find what I need to install ADB on my PC?

So, if I sideload apk files with the sd and Astro File, do I even need the ADB thing? I used the sd and Astro File method to get Angry Birds on the NC.

Thank you!
Starharp is offline   Reply With Quote