View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 01:33 PM   #5
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e View Post
Is it that no existing device would meet their needs?
Is there ever any one device that meets everyone's existing needs? I doubt it. That's why I'm always interested in upgrades and hacks. Some may have tweaks I'm gonna love, and some I'd give a pass. But someone out there will love them.

For me, love my two Sony's, but am waiting for a "noscan" hack for the Prs-650. I was able to use it on one of my other Sony's that had an SD card for books, and miss it on this one.

For one thing, having a ton of books on a 4gig card in the device would be great, but not as is. I've found it slows down the device too much when it has to take over an hour to index every time it gets turned off. With the "noscan" hack, you could have a full SD card and not slow the machine down because it wouldn't scan the SD card and index the books. Since I could put the books in folders, and find them easier that way, no need to re-index all of them. The sony could see them just fine, and machine speed was fast.

I love the 650 without the hack, but it would be so much nicer if it was done. It's just one of those small things I doubt Sony cares about adding to an upgrade. But I would love it.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote