View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 06:22 AM   #6
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
As far as infrared vs capacitive touch - one of the reasons I chose a Kindle Paperwhite over a Kobo Glo, despite the prolonged wait for the Kindle Paperwhite to become available in my country, was that the capacitive screen doesn't start turning pages when a fly or a cat hair lands on it ... and in my experience, infrared touch screens just love skipping tens of pages if a bug lands on the screen.
I agree with the infrared screen. Once the Mini was crazy because of snow flakes (I shouldn't have been reading under the snow, in the first place).
But I still can read when waiting for a bus when it's freezing cold and I don't have to remove my gloves. I also can read while soaking in a warm bath (highly recommended after waiting for said bus), my Kobo being in a ziplock bag.
Those are huge points for me which outweigh the snow on the screen anytime, but YMMV.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote