View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 11:02 AM   #43
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelinaK View Post
I'd say they aimed too high... Big screens, big prices - I always wanted a bigger screen reader, but iRexes were always so overpriced. Normal people want normal priced gadgets.
I don't know about that, I'm pretty normal (no matter what they say). And I think the DR800 is (was?) priced just right for the US market. It costs the same as Sony's Daily Edition, but the DR800 has a bigger, sharper display in a more standard aspect ratio. It's priced less than the larger Kindle DX.

I think the DR800's size is just about perfect. It looks at home beside the Kindle 2 and Nook (it's just a bit shorter and wider than those devices), but it offers nearly double the display surface. I don't have to sacrifice much when viewing full-pages, and I don't have to lug around a super-sized device.

I really hope that IREX can turn this thing around.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote