View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 12:25 PM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I was disappointed to click on that sale link and find that all the titles were from LAST year's New York Times best-seller list. I had been waiting to pick up the new JD Robb book, which I know is a best-seller right now, and it wasn't on there. So I googled 'New York Times best-seller list' and found it here:

http://www.nytimes.com/pages/books/bestseller/

As you can see, it bears little to no resemblance to the books Fictionwise has on sale. I am pretty annoyed about this. If Fictionwise wants to have a sale of certain best-selling books in their catalogue, that's fine. But if they are advertising it as an actual sale of books on the NYT best-sellers list then imho they should put those actual books on sale.

If this is the first shot across the bow for the new regime, colour me disappointed, with gloomy thoughts of all my worst fears being realized. Next step will be Americans only, I suspect, just like Amazon does

Like you, I'm somewhat disappointed by the selection as well. I agree with you about the NYT best-sellers list, too.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote