View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #118
JAcheson
Tech Writer
JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Nook Color, Nook Simple Touch, Vizio Tablet, Nexus 10
I think the real problem with bookstores these days is that the ratio of product to floor space has gone way down.

I went into B&N before Christmas to shop for books for my nephew. The children's books area had enough open space that I could have parked my car in it, and the actual selection of books was disappointing. I wasn't able to find the Winnie the Pooh books, for instance.

I suspect when the dust settles, the surviving bookstores will look a lot more like the mall bookstores from the 1980's: taller shelves, no play areas or coffee bar or couches, and lots more books per square foot.
JAcheson is offline   Reply With Quote